NHS Secretary: email@example.com
Research and Teaching
Special interest in:
- Advanced gynaecological laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgery
- Severe endometriosis and benign gynaecological disease
- Gynaecological simulation training
- British Medical Association
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- British Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy
- European Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy
- American Association of Gynaecological Laparoscopists
MBBS, MSc (Adv Gyn Endoscopy), MRCOG
Consultant Gynaecologist, Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer
Kirana is a Consultant Gynaecologist based at The John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford since 2014. Here he works at the BSGE-accredited Endometriosis Care and Research (EndoCaRe) Centre where he contributes to patient care, teaching, training and clinical research.
He completed his MSc in Advanced Gynaecological Endoscopy, with Merit, based at the University of Surrey. He then completed the RCOG accredited, specialist training in Advanced Laparoscopic/Hysteroscopic Surgery at John Radcliffe Hospital following his postgraduate medical training in the London and Eastern deaneries. Kirana won RCOG Bernhard Baron Travelling Fellowship to train in centres of excellence in France (Strasbourg, Rouen) and in Australia (Melbourne). He has completed undergraduate medical training in Sri Lanka in 2002.
Kirana is a committed Council Member at BSGE where he has been an active presence for years; predominantly aiding the innovation of annual laparoscopic cadaveric anatomy course in Oxford University and chairing awards and bursaries portfolio. He is also a member of the Medical Advisory Panel for Endometriosis UK.