Oxford University Global Surgery Group
The Nuffield Department of Women's & Reproductive health is part of the Oxford University Global Surgery Group,(OUGSG), an interdepartmental group of the Medical Sciences Division for clinicians in surgery, anaesthesia, obstetrics and gynaecology with an interest in global surgical issues.
They work together to contribute to the provision of high quality surgical care globally, particularly in low and middle income countries (LMICs). Read more.
- To promote, advocate for and advise on best practice in Global Surgery particularly in the fields of research and training.
- To work closely and under local guidance of colleagues in LMICs
- To provide a forum for meaningful networking between those actively engaged in and those seeking opportunities in global surgery
OUGSG is affiliated to the four Oxford University departments that have an interest in global surgery, namely:
- Nuffield Department of Surgery (NDS) > Global Surgery at NDS
- Nuffield Department of Orthopaedics, Rheumatology and Musculoskeletal Sciences (NDORMS) > Global Surgery at NDORMS
- Nuffield Department of Clinical Neurosciences (NDCN)
- Nuffield Department of Women's and Reproductive Health (NDWRH)